Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shamrock Shuffle

On Sunday I ran the Bank of America, Shamrock Shuffle here in Chicago. I did alright. I did not train at all for this race. I was still coming off my high from Portugal. I ran the race in 40:55. I placed in the 4000's out of 22,500 people. It was a huge race had a cool city route, but the weather was overcast and kinda cold. I ran till about the 3rd mile where my left knee started to hurt. I was in such a hurry to get to my corral that I did not stretch and I paid for it. I had to slow down a little around the 3rd mile, also because my breathing was all off. I had a little side pain as well. I wanted to go better at this race, but again I learned each race is a learning experience. I learn that its harder then I think and forgetting to train will only get the same results. I have a very positive attitude about training right now because it seems that Spring might be here. Lets hope I'm correct. I have a few races scheduled for this month, but just depending on my work schedule I may only race one of them. I got a few leads on another 2 races for May and I may run them again depending on my schedule.

No comments: