Sunday, March 9, 2008

You call yourself a runner?

It's Sunday in Chicago and I have not yet gotten a chance to run outside. I posted earlier in the week that I was going to try to run 20 miles before the weeks end, well I am not even close. The weather is toying with me again (insert sighs here). I will admit I'm a little bit of a baby when it come to running outside in the cold. The reason? I give up. When my throat starts to hurt I want to quit. The other option is the treadmill and if you have been following my running journey you would know I get bored fast on the treadmill. It seems that today I may be able to get a little time outside. I will be running for distance today and not time. The distance will also be good for me since I have not done much physical activities other then moving my patients this week. Now, enough about my failures. Lisbon is less than a week away and I have that city mapped out. I spent a good amount of time yesterday working in the Emergency room at work and was able to Google just about everything one would need to know short of being a terrorist.(Disclaimer; that is a joke I am not a terrorist, nor do I have any interest in blowing myself up) My mom will be happy to know that since she is afraid that I am going alone. She forgets that I do most of my travels alone. The only fork that I face currently about Lisbon is located my passport, Portuguese citizenship card, and not getting drafted to serve in the Portuguese army since I have not done so and I am almost 32 and its my Constitutional obligation as a citizen. I know kinda scary and like most things Portuguese; random, but according to my Portuguese bible; my mother, I should not have a problem since she paid the fines last year when she was at her summer place in the Azores Islands, but to have cash available to pay fines just in case. More to come on that I guess.

No comments: