Friday, February 15, 2008

Funk

I now understand how people in the Midwest put on a few extra pounds during the winter. I have been to the gym twice this past week. I worked out and ran. I ran 1 mile each time and I did them fast. I was able to do a 6 minute mile on the treadmill. The rest of the time I worked out and continued some of the strength training I learned with Ron. Then there is the rest of the week. I have been tired, lazy and unintrested in leaving my house; even to run. I am in a funk. I put most of the blame on the weather. Sub-Zero temps, snow-showers, and icy conditions. I feel a little like the ground hog who saw his shadow. I just want to be put back into my cage till next year or when it gets warm.

I know that I have been complaining about the weather a lot, but its been a hard winter here and this is my first really year of running and I need to get outside. Next week im going to start a new training program I found. It's more of a muscle building program. I also have to find my inner runner again, because I have races coming up.

No comments: