Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just training

Hello again. Things have been very busy on the running front. I have been training up a Storm. Over the past 2 weeks I have been doing strength training with Coach Leach and running 2 night during the week and a long run on Sunday. Currently we just finished our 9 mile long run. I was again in the 9 minute mile group but for the last 2 miles I broke free with another runner and we did 8:10's. I was beat. This week I did strength training and I think I may have over done it since my shins were killing me at the end and tonight when I tried to run with my mid-week group I started out strong at 7:45 minute miles and found myself at 9:00 minutes for the last mile since I was in so much pain. I think tomorrow I may run either slow or not at all since this Sunday is 10 mile day. I hope that those of you who read this are still considering support my Charity and will take time to look at www.firstgiving.com/joeruns. I will try to post more often and let you know how I get over this shin pain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I’m working with Takkle.com, a social networking site for sports. Members can post photos, videos, share stats and schedules, and a whole lot more with others throughout the community. Takkle is a place where students, athletes, coaches, and fans can share their passion for sports.

I feel that your site is very useful. I would love to know if you could link to our social networking resource.

Joe said...

Sure...Tiff.